On the eleventh day of eatin’, drinkin’ & be merryin’, my true love gave to me even more sweet treats!
Holiday treats & festive drinks are one of my true loves.
Cannot imagine the holidays with minimal refined sugar – neither could I. Enjoy these treats and maybe feel a little bit lighter while indulging in some favourite treats!
Vegan Egg Nog
Makes about 14 (1/2 cup) servings
- 3/4-1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 30 minutes
- 2 cups fresh water
- 1 15 oz. can of full-fat coconut milk
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tsp. Kahlua or vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp. spiced rum (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. xanthan gum (optional)
–Notes– “Don’t you dare use pre-ground nutmeg. It’s a complete travesty! Ill be watching! Just like Santa”… For a thicker eggnog, use 1 cup of cashews. For a thinner version use 3/4 cup. The spiced rum is optional. Three tablespoons is barely, barely noticeable. Adjust to your preference. The xanthan gum will give the eggnog a super duper thick, smooth and creamy texture. Omit if you prefer your eggnog thinner.
Place the cashews in medium bowl. Cover completely with boiling water and allow to soak for at least 30 minutes. When the time is up, drain and rinse the cashews then place in a high-speed blender.
Add in the fresh water and blend with the cashews on high for about 2 minutes or until very well blended and smooth.
Thanks to Katie @ Produce on Parade!
- 2 cups blanched almonds
- 1 cup gluten free icing sugar + extra for coating
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 1-2 tbsp amaretto liqueur (or all-natural amaretto extract for a non-alcoholic, child-friendly version)
These also freeze well until serving time. Simply line an air-tight container with paper towel at the bottom (this will help to absorb moisture) and cover. Freeze for up to 1 month. Place in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes to thaw out before serving.
Thanks to Ella @ Pure Ella!
Paleo Peppermint Patties
- ¾ cup melted coconut butter
- ¼ cup finely shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- ½ teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 1-2 tablespoons cacao powder (depends on how chocolatey you like it
- Mix together melted coconut butter, shredded coconut, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and peppermint extract
- Pour coconut butter mixture into mini muffin tins by filling only half way
- Place in refrigerator and allow to harden for about 15 minutes
- Mix together 2 tablespoons coconut oil and cacao powder
- Remove muffin tin from refrigerator and top each tin with cacao mixture
- Return to refrigerator until the chocolate has set
- When ready to eat, simply set the peppermint patty cups on the counter for about 5 minutes